A quick tour of the Mobile app home page
In this tour, you become acquainted with the home page of the Power BI mobile app and the navigation aids it provides you to get to what you need quickly.
When you open Power BI Mobile app, you land on the home page, where you have quick access to your most frequently or recently visited reports, dashboards, and apps. In addition, there is an activity feed that keeps you up-to-date about what's happening with your Power BI content, as well as convenient navigation aids to get you quickly to the content you need.
Quick Access tab
The quick access tab shows you your frequently and recently viewed reports, dashboards, and apps, grouped into two collapsible sections. To see a longer list of your recently viewed items, tap See all to the right of Recents.
The activity feed helps you keep track of what's happening with your Power BI content. It shows you all your latest notifications, alerts, comments, and @mentions.
The updates in the feed include:
- Refreshed data: when the underlying data in one of the reports or dashboards in your favorites or recents is refreshed.
- New comments: when people create a comment in a report or a dashboard that is in your favorites or recents, or when someone mentions you in a comment.
- Data alerts: when data reaches a threshold you previously set in a data alert.
- App updates: when an app creator publishes an update to an app you are using.
Tap on an activity item to jump to the relevant place in order to explore further.
Activity items are aggregated, so all data updates coming from the same app or workspace will be grouped together. Use the arrow to expand and see the aggregated items. The most recent item will always be at the top of the list.
At the bottom of the page you find the navigation bar.
The navigation bar provides quick access to:
- Home - returns you to the home page.
- Favorites - the reports, dashboards and apps you have marked as favorites.
- Apps - the apps you have installed in your account.
- Workspaces - the working folders that keep together reports and dashboards that content creators are building.
- Recents - the items you have recently viewed.
- Shared with me - the items other people have shared with you.
- Samples - Power BI samples you can use to learn about Power BI capabilities.
- Scanner - the device camera that you can use as a scanner to scan barcodes and QR codes.
At the top of the page, the header shows the name of the Power BI page, report, or dashboard you're on.
The header provides the following navigation items:
Profile picture or avatar - opens the side panel where you can switch between your Power BI service and Report Server accounts, as well as access Power BI mobile app settings.
Notifications - opens the notifications page where you can view and access your notifications. A dot on the notifications bell indicates that you have new notifications.
Search - search for Power BI content in your subscription.
In this tour, you explored the Power BI mobile app home page. Read more about using the Power BI mobile app.