What's new for SQL Server 2019 on Linux
This article describes the major features and services available for SQL Server 2019 running on Linux. For package downloads and known issues, see the Release notes.
The updates have been made in SQL Server 2019 on Linux:
|New feature or update||Details|
|Replication support||SQL Server Replication on Linux|
|Support for the Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC)||How to configure MSDTC on Linux|
|OpenLDAP support for third-party AD providers||Tutorial: Use Active Directory authentication with SQL Server on Linux|
|Machine Learning on Linux||Configure Machine Learning on Linux|
||By default, a new installation of SQL Server on Linux creates multiple
|PolyBase on Linux||Install PolyBase on Linux for non-Hadoop connectors.
PolyBase type mapping.
|Change Data Capture (CDC) support||Change Data Capture (CDC) is now supported on Linux for SQL Server 2019.|
|Microsoft Container Registry||The Microsoft Container Registry now replaces Docker Hub for new official Microsoft container images, including SQL Server 2019 (15.x).|
|Non-root containers||SQL Server 2019 (15.x) introduces the ability to create safer containers by starting the SQL Server process as a non-root user by default. See build and run SQL Server containers as a non-root user for more details.|
To install SQL Server on Linux, use one of the following tutorials:
- Install on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Install on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- Install on Ubuntu
- Run on Docker
- Provision a SQL VM in Azure
- UserVoice: Have suggestions for improving SQL Server?
- Set up and upgrade: MSDN Forums
- SQL Server Data Tools: MSDN Forums
- Transact-SQL: MSDN Forums
- SQL Server Security: MSDN Forums
- DBA Stack Exchange (tag sql-server): Ask SQL Server questions
- Stack Overflow (tag sql-server): Answers to SQL development questions
- Reddit: General discussion about SQL Server
- Microsoft SQL Server License Terms and Information
- Support options for business users
- Contact Microsoft
- Additional SQL Server help and feedback