WhiteSource Bolt in Visual Studio subscriptions
Find and fix open source vulnerabilities and generate comprehensive inventory and license reports of all open source components in your build. Some Visual Studio subscriptions include six months of free access.
To activate your WhiteSource Bolt benefit, sign in to https://my.visualstudio.com/benefits .
Locate the WhiteSource Bolt tile in the Tools section, and click on the Get Code link at the bottom of the benefit tile.
You’ll receive a notification displaying your activation code. Copy the code to your clipboard, then click Activate.
On the WhiteSource web page, click on the Activate button or scroll down to the Activate your account section of the page.
In the Activate your account section of the page, you’ll be guided through four steps:
Click the green Install button if you are using Azure DevOps Services, or the Download button for Team Foundation Server. For this example, we will use Azure DevOps Services.
- Next, select the Azure DevOps organization you want to use and click Confirm. (If you have not yet set up Azure DevOps Services, visit the Benefits page and activate your Azure DevOps Services benefit.)
- You’ll receive a confirmation that the extension is installed and ready to use. Click Get started to return to the WhiteSource Bolt page and continue.
Open your Azure DevOps project dashboard, click on the Azure Pipelines menu and choose WhiteSource Bolt.
Paste the activation code from the WhiteSource Bolt benefit tile and click Activate. Each of your activation codes can be used to activate only one project.
Your activation is now complete, and you will have 180 days remaining on your subscription.
You’ll need to add the WhiteSource Bolt extension as one of your build steps. A video is available on the WhiteSource Bolt page to show you how.
Once you’ve run your build, the following comprehensive reports and dashboards will be generated automatically:
- Security vulnerabilities dashboard
- Security vulnerabilities report
- Outdated libraries report
- License risks and compliance dashboard
- Inventory report
|Visual Studio Enterprise (Standard)||VL, Azure, Retail, selected NFR1||6 months||Yes|
|Visual Studio Professional (Standard)||VL, Azure, Retail||Not Available||NA|
|Visual Studio Test Professional (Standard)||VL, Retail||Not available||NA|
|MSDN Platforms (Standard)||VL, Retail||Not available||NA|
|Visual Studio Dev Essentials||NA||Not available||NA|
|Visual Studio Enterprise, Visual Studio Professional (monthly cloud)||Azure||Not available||NA|
1 Includes: Microsoft Partner Network (Enterprise). Excludes: Other Not for Resale (NFR), Visual Studio Industry Partner (VSIP), FTE, MCT Software & Services Developer, BizSpark, Imagine, Most Valuable Professional (MVP), Regional Director (RD), MCT Software & Services, Microsoft Partner Network (Professional).
Microsoft no longer offers Visual Studio Professional Annual subscriptions and Visual Studio Enterprise Annual subscriptions in Cloud Subscriptions. There will be no change to existing customers experience and ability to renew, increase, decrease, or cancel their subscriptions. New customers are encouraged to go to https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/pricing/ to explore different options to purchase Visual Studio.
Not sure which subscription you're using? Connect to https://my.visualstudio.com/subscriptions to see all the subscriptions assigned to your email address. If you don't see all your subscriptions, you may have one or more assigned to a different email address. You'll need to sign in with that email address to see those subscriptions.
- Need help with WhiteSource Bolt? Chat with a WhiteSource Bolt representative live at https://www.whitesourcesoftware.com/vse_whitesource_bolt/
- For assistance with sales, subscriptions, accounts and billing for Visual Studio Subscriptions, contact Visual Studio Subscriptions Support.
- Have a question about Visual Studio IDE, Azure DevOps Services or other Visual Studio products or services? Visit Visual Studio Support.
We'd love to hear your thoughts. Choose the type you'd like to provide:
Our feedback system is built on GitHub Issues. Read more on our blog.