Purchase order approval mobile workspace
This topic applies to both Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations and to Dynamics 365 for Retail.
This topic provides information about the Purchase order approval mobile workspace. This workspace lets you view purchase orders and respond to them through actions. For example, you can approve or reject a purchase order.
Purchase orders that requires approval go through an approval workflow. The workflow can include various steps that require that one or more people take action. For example, a person might have to complete a task or approve the purchase order.
The Purchase order approval mobile workspace lets you easily view and respond to purchase orders from your mobile device. This workspace also lets you take the same workflow actions that you can take from the Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, web client.
The prerequisites vary, depending on the version of Finance and Operations that has been deployed for your organization.
Prerequisites if you use Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
If Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations has been deployed for your organization, the system administrator must publish the Purchase order approval mobile workspace. For instructions, see Publish a mobile workspace.
Prerequisites if you use Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations version 1611 with Platform update 3 or later
If Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations version 1611 with Platform update 3 or later has been deployed for your organization, the system administrator must complete the following prerequisites.
|Implement KB 4017918.||System administrator||KB 4017918 is an X++ update or metadata hotfix that contains the Purchase order approval mobile workspace. To implement KB 4017918, your system administrator must follow these steps.
|Publish the Purchase order approval mobile workspace.||System administrator||See Publish a mobile workspace.|
Download and install the mobile app
Download and install the Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Unified Operations mobile app:
Sign in to the mobile app
- Start the app on your mobile device.
- Enter your Microsoft Dynamics 365 URL.
- The first time that you sign in, you're prompted for your user name and password. Enter your credentials.
- After you sign in, the available workspaces for your company are shown. Note that if your system administrator publishes a new workspace later, you will have to refresh the list of mobile workspaces.
View orders that are assigned to you
- On your mobile device, select the Purchase order approval workspace.
- Select Orders assigned to me to view all the purchase orders for which you've been asked to take action in the purchase order approval workflow.
- Select an order. On the Order details page, you will see the order header information and lines. You can also find guidelines from the workflow task.
- Select Accounting distributions to open the Header accounting distributions page.
- Return to the Order details page, and select a line. From the order line details, you can also explore the line-specific accounting distributions.
Complete an action on the purchase order
After you've viewed the purchase order that is assigned to you and read the workflow instructions, you should be ready to take action.
On your mobile device, select the Purchase order approval workspace.
Select Orders assigned to me to view all the purchase orders for which you've been asked to take action in the purchase order approval workflow.
Select an order, and view the details page.
Select Actions to show the available actions. The actions that are available depend on the task that has been assigned to you.
Task action Approval action Complete Approve Return Reject Request change Request change Delegate Delegate
Select the appropriate action.
On the Complete task page, enter a comment. Note that if you select the Delegate action, you must select a user to delegate the task to.
Select Done. After you refresh your workspace, the purchase order will no longer be in your list.