Exam DP-900: Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals
This exam is an opportunity to demonstrate knowledge of core data concepts and related Microsoft Azure data services. Candidates for this exam should have familiarity with Exam DP-900’s self-paced or instructor-led learning material.
This exam is intended for candidates beginning to work with data in the cloud.
Candidates should be familiar with the concepts of relational and non-relational data, and different types of data workloads such as transactional or analytical.
Azure Data Fundamentals can be used to prepare for other Azure role-based certifications like Azure Database Administrator Associate or Azure Data Engineer Associate, but it is not a prerequisite for any of them.
You may be eligible for ACE college credit if you pass this certification exam. See ACE college credit for certification exams for details.
The English language version of this exam was updated on April 29, 2022. Please download the skills measured document below to see what changed.
Passing score: 700. Learn more about exam scores.
Part of the requirements for: Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Fundamentals
Related exams: none
Important: See detailsGo to Certification Dashboard
- The English language version of this exam was updated on April 29, 2022. Please download the exam skills outline below to see what changed.
- Describe core data concepts (25-30%)
- Identify considerations for relational data on Azure (20-25%)
- Describe considerations for working with non-relational data on Azure (15-20%)
- Describe an analytics workload on Azure (25-30%)
Two ways to prepare
Azure Data Fundamentals validates foundational knowledge of core data concepts and how they are implemented using Microsoft Azure data services.