Cloud Video Interop for Microsoft Teams
Cloud Video Interop enables third-party meeting room devices to join Microsoft Teams meetings.
Video teleconferencing with content collaboration helps you make the most out of meetings. However, meeting room systems and devices are expensive to upgrade. Cloud Video Interop for Microsoft Teams works with systems and delivers a native meeting experience for all participants – in meeting rooms or inside of Teams clients.
Partners Certified for Microsoft Teams
The following partners have video interop solutions for Microsoft Teams. Your company may choose to work with any combination of these partners within your enterprise.
|Polycom RealConnect Service|
|Pexip Infinity for Microsoft Teams|
|BlueJeans Gateway for Microsoft Teams|
Our partners have developed gateway solutions to connect third-party standards-based SIP and H.323 devices to Microsoft Teams meetings.
Certified and supported by Microsoft
- Only available via Certified Partner Solutions
- Co-engineered with Microsoft
- Customer TAP prior to certification
- HD video (1080p) and Content (VBSS)
- Support for H.323 and SIP meeting room devices
- Native Teams/Exchange scheduling
- Gateway design instead of VMR
Scales for the cloud
- Deployed and managed in Azure
- Auto scale with cloud solutions
The following diagram describes the high-level architecture of a Teams partner solution.
Key business considerations
Microsoft Teams alongside third party video infrastructure
- Do you have a large deployment of third party video devices?
- Do you have a third party call controller in your organization?
- Do you plan on keeping your current call controller alongside Microsoft Teams?
- Do you want to run your own video infra or hosted?
- Do you plan on deploying Teams Room Systems? When?
Pre-existing certified interop provider
- Do you want to continue with your current certified partner?
- Do you need to continue support for integrated room environment (Exchange, One Touch Dial)?
- Do you need real-time monitoring, troubleshooting, and reporting capabilities?
- Do you need to be available in sovereign or government clouds?
- Do you have external companies joining your Teams meetings?
Business workflow scenarios
- Skype for Business Server -> Microsoft Teams: Your organization has third-party devices and moving from Skype for Business on-prem server to Microsoft Teams.
- Skype for Business online -> Microsoft Teams: Your organization is migrating to Microsoft Teams from Skype for Business Online.
- Cisco UC -> Microsoft Teams: Your organization is moving from Cisco to Microsoft Teams, but not ready to replace your Cisco devices.
- Mixed Systems -> Microsoft Teams: Your organization has several systems in your environment side by side (Cisco, BroadSoft, SfB Server, SfBO).
- Another cloud meeting provider -> Microsoft Teams: Your organization has been a user for another cloud meeting provider migrating to Microsoft Teams.
After choosing a partner or partners, you're ready to Set up Cloud Video Interop for Microsoft Teams.
We'd love to hear your thoughts. Choose the type you'd like to provide:
Our feedback system is built on GitHub Issues. Read more on our blog.