Getting a custom visual certified
What is meant by certified?
A certified custom visual is one that has met a set of code requirements and has passed strict security tests. Once a custom visual has been certified, it can be exported to PowerPoint and will display in the emails received when a user subscribes to report pages. Of course, it can also be used like standard custom visuals, added to Power BI service and Power BI Desktop reports and viewed in Power BI mobile and embedded.
- Microsoft AppSource approved
- Custom visual is written with Versioned API 1.2 or higher
- Code repository available for review (e.g., Visual Code available to us through GitHub)
- Uses only public reviewable OSS components
- Does not access external services or resources
TIP: We recommend that you use EsLint with default security ruleset, to pre-validate your code before submission.
Process for submitting a custom visual for Certification
To submit a custom visual for certification:
Send an email to Power BI Custom Visuals Support (email@example.com). In the email, include the following information:
- Title: Visual Certification Request
- Link to GitHub repository where the visual source code is hosted
- Adhere to the requirements (see above)
- Pass the code and security review
The Custom Visuals team at Microsoft will notify you when your custom visual is certified and added to the Certified list (below), or rejected with a report of the issues that need to be fixed. It is the developer’s responsibility to maintain an open line of communication with Microsoft and to update their Certified visuals as needed.
Removal of Power BI Certified custom visuals
Microsoft, at its discretion, may remove a visual from the Certified list.
List of custom visuals that have been certified
Getting started with custom visuals developer tools (Preview)
Microsoft's custom visual playlist on YouTube
Visualizations in Power BI
Custom Visualizations in Power BI
Publish custom visuals to Microsoft AppSource
More questions? Try the Power BI Community