HTML Help End-User License Agreement
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR MICROSOFT SOFTWARE
IMPORTANT-READ CAREFULLY: This Microsoft End-User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and Microsoft Corporation for the Microsoft software product identified above, which includes computer software and associated media and printed materials, and may include "online" or electronic documentation ("SOFTWARE PRODUCT" or "SOFTWARE"). By installing, copying, or otherwise using the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, do not install, copy, or use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
SOFTWARE PRODUCT LICENSE The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed, not sold.
- GRANT OF LICENSE. This EULA grants you the following non-exclusive rights:
* Software Product. You may install and use the enclosed SOFTWARE PRODUCT on your computers to design, develop, and test help systems and Internet content ("Help").
* Sample Code. You may modify the sample source code located in the SOFTWARE PRODUCT's online help files to design, develop, and test your Help. You may also reproduce and distribute the Sample Code in object code form along with any modifications you make to the Sample Code, provided that you comply with the Distribution Requirements described below. For purposes of this section, "modifications" shall mean enhancements to the functionality of the Sample Code.
* Redistributable Code. The portions of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT identified as "hhupd.exe" is designated as "Redistributable Code." The Redistributable Code has been designed, developed and tested to run on Windows 95 and Windows NT and is intended to provide you with a way to redistribute Internet Explorer services such as HTML Help functionality. You may redistribute the Redistributable Code subject to the Distribution Requirements listed below and the following additional provisions: you may only permit installation of the Redistributable Code in the "passive mode" without making it the default browser and without adding the Internet icon to the desktop. If your redistribution and installation of the Redistibutable Code requires that you use the Internet icon on the desktop, or to use Internet Explorer as the default browser, you must sign up and accept the terms of the Internet Explorer License and Distribution Agreement located at: http://ieak.microsoft.com/release2/licenseProducts.asp.
* Distribution Requirements. You may copy and redistribute the Sample Code and/or Redistributable Code (collectively "REDISTRIBUTABLE COMPONENTS") as described above, provided that (a) you distribute the REDISTRIBUTABLE COMPONENTS only in conjunction with, and as a part of, your Application; (b) your Application adds significant and primary functionality to the REDISTRIBUTABLE COMPONENTS; (c) you do not use Microsoft's name, logo, or trademarks to market your Application, except as expressly authorized by Microsoft in any other agreement; (d) you include a valid copyright notice on your Application; and (g) you agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Microsoft from and against any claims or lawsuits, including attorneys' fees, that arise or result from the use or distribution of your Application. Microsoft reserves all rights not expressly granted to you.
COPYRIGHT. All rights, title, and copyrights in and to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT (including, but not limited to, any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text, and "applets" incorporated into the SOFTWARE PRODUCT) and any copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT are owned by Microsoft or its suppliers. You may not copy the printed materials, if any, accompanying the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS.
* Limitations on Reverse-Engineering, Decompilation, and Disassembly. You may not reverse- engineer, decompile, or disassemble the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
* Rental. You may not rent or lease the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
* Software Transfer. You may permanently transfer all of your rights under this EULA, provided you retain no copies, you transfer all of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT (including all component parts, the media and printed materials, any upgrades, this EULA, and, if applicable, the Certificate of Authenticity), and the recipient agrees to the terms of this EULA. If the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is an upgrade, any transfer must include all prior versions of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
* Termination. Without prejudice to any other rights, Microsoft may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and all of its component parts.
EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. You agree that neither you nor your customers intend to or will, directly or indirectly, export or transmit (a) the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or related documentation and technical data, or (b) your Application as described in Section 1 of this EULA (or any part thereof), or process, or service that is the direct product of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT to any country to which such export or transmission is restricted by any applicable U.S. regulation or statute, without the prior written consent, if required, of the Bureau of Export Administration of the U.S. Department of Commerce, or such other governmental entity as may have jurisdiction over such export or transmission.
U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT and documentation are provided with RESTRICTED RIGHTS. Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) of The Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause at DFARS 252.227-7013 or subparagraphs (c)(1) and (2) of the Commercial Computer Software - Restricted Rights at 48 CFR 52.227-19, as applicable. Manufacturer is Microsoft Corporation/One Microsoft Way/ Redmond, WA 98052-6399. MISCELLANEOUS
If you acquired this product in the United States, this EULA is governed by the laws of the State of Washington.
If you acquired this product in Canada, this EULA is governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada. Each of the parties hereto irrevocably attorns to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario and further agrees to commence any litigation that may arise hereunder in the courts located in the Judicial District of York, Province of Ontario.
If this product was acquired outside the United States, local law may apply.
Should you have any questions concerning this EULA, or if you desire to contact Microsoft for any reason, please contact the Microsoft subsidiary serving your country, or write: Microsoft Customer Sales and Service/One Microsoft Way/Redmond, WA 98052-6399.
NO WARRANTIES. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Microsoft expressly disclaims any warranty for the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT and any related documentation are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The entire risk arising out of use or performance of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT remains with you.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Microsoft's entire liability and your exclusive remedy under this EULA shall not exceed five dollars (US$5.00).
NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Microsoft or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profit, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of, or inability to use, this Microsoft product, even if Microsoft has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some states/jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you.
Si vous avez acquis votre produit Microsoft au CANADA, la garantie limitée suivante vous concerne:
GARANTIE LIMITÉE EXCLUSION DE GARANTIES. Microsoft renonce entiérement á toute garantie pour le LOGICIEL. Le LOGICIEL et toute autre documentation s'y rapportant sont fournis « comme tels » sans aucune garantie quelle qu'elle soit, expresse ou implicite, y compris, mais ne se limitant pas aux garanties implicites de la qualité marchande ou un usage particulier. Le risque total découlant de l'utilisation ou de la performance du LOGICIEL est entre vos mains.
RESPONSABILITÉ LIMITÉE. La seule obligation de Microsoft et votre recours exclusif concernant ce contrat n'excéderont (US$5.00).
ABSENCE DE RESPONSABILITÉ POUR LES DOMMAGES INDIRECTS. Microsoft ou ses fournisseurs ne pourront être tenus responsables en aucune circonstance de tout dommage quel qu'il soit (y compris mais non de façon limitative les dommages directs ou indirects causés par la perte de bénéfices commerciaux, l'interruption des affaires, la perte d'information commerciale ou toute autre perte pécuniaire) résultant de l'utilisation ou de l'impossibilité d'utilisation de ce produit, et ce, même si la société Microsoft a été avisée de l'éventualité de tels dommages. Certains états/juridictions ne permettent pas l'exclusion ou la limitation de responsabilité relative aux dommages indirects ou consécutifs, et la limitation ci-dessus peut ne pas s'appliquer á votre égard. La présente Convention est régie par les lois de la province d'Ontario, Canada. Chacune des parties á la Convention reconnaît irrévocablement la compétence des tribunaux de la province d'Ontario et consent á instituer tout litige qui pourrait découler de la Convention auprés des tribunaux situés dans le district judiciaire de York, province d'Ontario.
Au cas oú vous auriez des questions concernant cette licence ou que vous désiriez vous mettre en rapport avec Microsoft pour quelque raison que ce soit, veuillez contacter la succursale Microsoft desservant votre pays, dont l'adresse est fournie dans ce produit, ou écrire á: Microsoft Customer Sales and Service, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, Washington 98052-6399.