How do I activate a subscription acquired from the Microsoft Store?
If you've purchased a Visual Studio subscription through the Microsoft Store, the activation steps can be initiated from the payment "Confirmation Page" or "Confirmation Email" you received after your purchase.
If you have not received an email, please validate your email address and check your junk mail folders
Activate your subscription:
- Click on Click here to sign in in the confirmation email or on the purchase confirmation page.
- You will be taken to https://my.visualstudio.com/subscriptions/activate.
- Enter the email address that requires access to the Visual Studio subscription and click Continue.
- You may be redirected to one of two different sign-in pages depending on the type of account you are using:
- Subscribers using their personal "Microsoft Account" (MSA) will see the Microsoft Account password page.
- Subscribers using their work/school accounts will be redirected to their organization's sign-in page.
- Enter your password, or complete your organization's sign-in requirements.
- Upon successful sign-in, an "Activate Your Visual Studio Subscription" window will appear.
- Enter the product key information available from the payment "Confirmation Page" or "Confirmation Email" and click Activate.
- The subscription should now be visible on the Subscriptions page and you should access to all your subscription benefits.