Windows Analytics overview
Windows Analytics is a set of solutions for Azure Portal that provide you with extensive data about the state of devices in your deployment. There are currently three solutions which you can use singly or in any combination:
Device Health provides the following:
- Identification of devices that crash frequently, and therefore might need to be rebuilt or replaced
- Identification of device drivers that are causing device crashes, with suggestions of alternative versions of those drivers that might reduce the number of crashes
- Notification of Windows Information Protection misconfigurations that send prompts to end users
Update Compliance shows you the state of your devices with respect to the Windows updates so that you can ensure that they are on the most current updates as appropriate. In addition, Update Compliance provides the following:
- Dedicated drill-downs for devices that might need attention
- An inventory of devices, including the version of Windows they are running and their update status
- The ability to track protection and threat status for Windows Defender Antivirus-enabled devices
- An overview of Windows Update for Business deferral configurations (Windows 10, version 1607 and later)
- Powerful built-in log analytics to create useful custom queries
- Cloud-connected access utilizing Windows 10 diagnostic data means no need for new complex, customized infrastructure
Upgrade Readiness offers a set of tools to plan and manage the upgrade process end to end, allowing you to adopt new Windows releases more quickly. With new Windows versions being released multiple times a year, ensuring application and driver compatibility on an ongoing basis is key to adopting new Windows versions as they are released. Upgrade Readiness not only supports upgrade management from Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, but also Windows 10 upgrades in the Windows as a service model.
Use Upgrade Readiness to get:
- A visual workflow that guides you from pilot to production
- Detailed computer and application inventory
- Powerful computer-level search and drill-downs
- Guidance and insights into application and driver compatibility issues, with suggested fixes
- Data-driven application rationalization tools
- Application usage information, allowing targeted validation; workflow to track validation progress and decisions
- Data export to commonly used software deployment tools, including System Center Configuration Manager
To get started with any of these solutions, visit the links for instructions to add it to Azure Portal.
For details about licensing requirements and costs associated with using Windows Analytics solutions, see What are the requirements and costs for Windows Analytics solutions?.