Windows Analytics overview
Windows Analytics is a set of solutions for Azure Portal that provide you with extensive data about the state of devices in your deployment. There are currently three solutions which you can use singly or in any combination:
The Upgrade Readiness and Device Health solutions of Windows Analytics are being retired on January 31, 2020. Update Compliance will continue to be supported. For more information, see Windows Analytics retirement on January 31, 2020.
Device Health provides the following:
- Identification of devices that crash frequently, and therefore might need to be rebuilt or replaced
- Identification of device drivers that are causing device crashes, with suggestions of alternative versions of those drivers that might reduce the number of crashes
- Notification of Windows Information Protection misconfigurations that send prompts to end users
Upgrade Readiness offers a set of tools to plan and manage the upgrade process end to end, allowing you to adopt new Windows releases more quickly. With new Windows versions being released multiple times a year, ensuring application and driver compatibility on an ongoing basis is key to adopting new Windows versions as they are released. Upgrade Readiness not only supports upgrade management from Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, but also Windows 10 upgrades in the Windows as a service model.
Use Upgrade Readiness to get:
- A visual workflow that guides you from pilot to production
- Detailed computer and application inventory
- Powerful computer-level search and drill-downs
- Guidance and insights into application and driver compatibility issues, with suggested fixes
- Data-driven application rationalization tools
- Application usage information, allowing targeted validation; workflow to track validation progress and decisions
- Data export to commonly used software deployment tools, including System Center Configuration Manager
To get started with any of these solutions, visit the links for instructions to add it to Azure Portal.
For details about licensing requirements and costs associated with using Windows Analytics solutions, see What are the requirements and costs for Windows Analytics solutions?.