Email messaging quickstart
To send emails from PlayFab, you will need to have your own external SMTP server with a username and password. Once you have an SMTP server available, check out Setting up an SMTP server with add-ons to configure your title to send emails.
You can use Gmail as an SMTP server for testing - but with Gmail, you are limited to 2,000 emails per day.
You can also use the following APIs to manage player contact information and email functionality:
- AddorUpdateContactEmail - Updates or adds a contact email to the player’s profile.
- RemoveContactEmail - Deletes a contact email from the player’s profile.
- SendEmailFromTemplate - Sends a template email to a player’s primary contact email.
- SendAccountRecoveryEmail - Sends an Account Recovery email to the specified player.
- ResetPassword - Resets the player’s password for a given title.
- GetPlayerIdFromAuthToken - Gets a player’s ID from an authorization token.