Types of billing in Partner Center
- Partner Center
- Partners in the CSP program
- Admin agent
- Billing admin
- Global admin
- Helpdesk agent
- Sales agent
You'll be billed for Partner Center purchases depending on the products, solutions and services you buy on behalf of your customers. The types of billing are as follows:
- License-based billing, where you're billed per license (not by license usage).
- Usage-based billing, where you're billed for monthly usage rates.
- Billing for one-time and select recurring charges, where you pay in advance for a preset term for Microsoft and third-party ISV products.
- Billing for license-based SaaS transactions (see common billing scenarios for SaaS charges).
Depending on the types of products you purchase for your customers, you might have different billing periods and be billed on different days of the same month.
If you’ve chosen to be billed monthly or if you’ve bought usage-based products that are billed monthly, your monthly billing date is the day of the month you selected when you created your CSP account on Partner Center. After you’ve successfully created your CSP account, Microsoft will send a confirmation email that includes your billing date. Once created, this date cannot be changed.