Administering Commerce Server
This section describes how to use Commerce Server Manager to administer Microsoft Commerce Server 2002. This section is intended for the system administrator, whose responsibilities include adding and managing resources used by sites, installing and configuring Web servers, monitoring Commerce Server performance, and maintaining Commerce Server databases.
This section contains:
- Commerce Server Manager Help. Lists common tasks you perform by using Commerce Server Manager.
- Administration Tools. Describes the tools that a system administrator uses to manage a Commerce Server installation.
- Using Commerce Server Manager. Explains how to start Commerce Server Manager.
- Changing Database Connection Strings. Explains how to set Commerce Server database connection strings for the Administration database, global resources, and site resources.
- Changing the Administration Database SQL Server Login and Password. Explains how to change the SQL Server login and password for the Administration database.
- Installing Administration Tools Only. Explains how to set up an administration-only console on a separate computer.
- Managing the Administration Database. Describes the Administration database and how sites interact with it. Explains how to configure the database and manage security.
- Managing Commerce Resources. Explains how to add and remove global-level resources and site-level resources, and how to start and stop a resource.
- Configuring the App Default Config Resource. Explains how to configure properties that affect authentication, which currency your site uses, and integration with Microsoft BizTalk Server.
- Managing Commerce Sites. Explains how to add, configure, and delete a site.
- Managing Commerce Applications and Web Servers. Explains how to add, configure, and delete a Commerce Server application, and how to add and delete a Web server.
- Running the Data Warehouse. Explains how to import data into the Data Warehouse and how to customize the import process. Explains how to manage and enrich the data in the Data Warehouse.
- Running Direct Mailer. Explains how to develop personalized direct mail messages. Explains how to customize Commerce Server Direct Mailer, and how to run, monitor, and delete direct mail jobs.
- Running the Predictor Resource. Explains how to build new Predictor and Segment models, view models, and monitor the Predictor resource.
- Running the Profiles Resource. Explains how to add Profile data sources to Commerce Server, how to create profile definitions to collect data from your Web site, and how to create site terms.
- Monitoring Commerce Server Sites. Explains how to monitor a Commerce Server installation. Describes the Commerce Server counters. Explains how to use the Commerce Server system counters to improve server performance.
- Optimizing Commerce Server. Explains how to minimize the response time for each request and how to maximize the throughput of Commerce Server.
- User Interface Reference. Provides the context-sensitive help topics for the Data Warehouse, Data Transformation Services tasks, Predictor resource, and Commerce Server Site Packager.