The NetworkProxy configuration service provider (CSP) is used to configure a proxy server for ethernet and Wi-Fi connections. These settings do not apply to VPN connections. This CSP was added in Windows 10, version 1703.
In Windows 10 Mobile, the NetworkProxy CSP only works in ethernet connections. Use the WiFi CSP to configure per-network proxy for Wi-Fi connections in mobile devices.
How the settings work:
- If auto-detect is enabled, the system tries to find the path to a proxy auto config (PAC) script and download it.
- If #1 fails and a setup script is specified, the system tries to download the explicitly configured PAC script.
- If #2 fails and a proxy server is specified, the system tries to use the explicitly configured proxy server.
- Otherwise, the system tries to reach the site directly.
The following diagram shows the NetworkProxy configuration service provider in tree format.
Per user proxy configuration setting is not supported.
- 0 - Disabled
- 1 (default) - Enabled
Node for configuring a static proxy for Ethernet and Wi-Fi connections. The same proxy server is used for all protocols - including HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, and SOCKS. These settings do not apply to VPN connections.
- 0 (default) - Do not use proxy server for local addresses
- 1 - Use proxy server for local addresses