Preview: Manage your maintenance window
[This article is pre-release documentation and is subject to change.]
Microsoft regularly performs updates and maintenance on customer engagement apps (Dynamics 365 Sales, Dynamics 365 Customer Service, Dynamics 365 Field Service, Dynamics 365 Marketing, and Dynamics 365 Project Service Automation) to ensure security, performance, availability, and to provide new features and functionality. This update process delivers security and minor service improvements on a weekly basis, with each update rolling out region-by-region according to a safe deployment schedule, arranged in Stations. For information about your default maintenance window for Dynamics 365 environments, see Policies and Communications for service incidents.
- Managing your maintenance window is only available for production environments.
- Maintenance can be conducted any day so the maintenance window is a time within the day when these updates could be delivered.
- Only database and application updates will be delivered in this maintenance window. Platform updates will continue to execute based on region-specific times.
- It might take up to 48 hours for the maintenance window settings to take effect.
- There is no down time or performance degradation during the maintenance window.
To view or update the Maintenance Window for a specific environment based on your business preferences, follow these steps.
Sign in to the Power Platform admin center.
Select Environments, and then select a production environment from the list.
Select Settings > Updates > Maintenance window settings.
On the Maintenance window settings page, choose the hours to receive updates from Microsoft.
Select Save. It might take up to 48 hours for the maintenance window settings to take effect.