Enable Event Hubs Capture using the Azure portal
For more information, see the Event Hubs Capture overview.
Capture data to an Azure Storage account
When you create an event hub, you can enable Capture by clicking the On button in the Create Event Hub portal screen. You then specify a Storage Account and container by clicking Azure Storage in the Capture Provider box. Because Event Hubs Capture uses service-to-service authentication with storage, you do not need to specify a storage connection string. The resource picker selects the resource URI for your storage account automatically. If you use Azure Resource Manager, you must supply this URI explicitly as a string.
The default time window is 5 minutes. The minimum value is 1, the maximum 15. The Size window has a range of 10-500 MB.
Capture data to an Azure Data Lake Store account
To capture data to Azure Data Lake Store, you create a Data Lake Store account, and an event hub:
Create an Azure Data Lake Store account and folders
- Create a Data Lake Store account, following the instructions in Get started with Azure Data Lake Store using the Azure portal.
- Follow the instructions in the Assign permissions to Event Hubs section to create a folder within the Data Lake Store account in which you want to capture the data from Event Hubs, and assign permissions to Event Hubs so that it can write data into your Data Lake Store account.
Create an event hub
- Note that the event hub must be in the same Azure subscription as the Azure Data Lake Store you just created. Create the event hub, clicking the On button under Capture in the Create Event Hub portal page.
- In the Create Event Hub portal page, select Azure Data Lake Store from the Capture Provider box.
In Select Data Lake Store, specify the Data Lake Store account you created previously, and in the Data Lake Path field, enter the path to the data folder you created.
Add or configure Capture on an existing event hub
You can configure Capture on existing event hubs that are in Event Hubs namespaces. To enable Capture on an existing event hub, or to change your Capture settings, click the namespace to load the overview screen, then click the event hub for which you want to enable or change the Capture setting. Finally, click the Capture option on the left side of the open page and then edit the settings, as shown in the following figures:
Azure Blob Storage
Azure Data Lake Store
- Learn more about Event Hubs capture by reading the Event Hubs Capture overview.
- You can also configure Event Hubs Capture using Azure Resource Manager templates. For more information, see Enable Capture using an Azure Resource Manager template.
- Get started with Azure Data Lake Store using the Azure portal