Welcome to Dynamics 365 for Talent
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent streamlines many routine recordkeeping tasks and automates a number of processes related to staffing your organization. These processes include employee retention, benefits administration, training, performance reviews, and change management. It also provides a framework for human resources staff to manage areas of oversight.
You can use Talent to complete these tasks:
- Administer organizational structures.
- Maintain comprehensive worker information from hire to retire.
- Define and administer benefit plans, enroll workers, assign dependent coverage, and designate beneficiaries.
- Establish and monitor absence policies.
- Implement and track profile-based time management and generate pay information to export to a payroll system.
- Manage worker competencies.
- Review performance and implement worker goals.
- Set up, deliver, and analyze training courses that include agendas, sessions, and tracks.
Explore Dynamics 365 for Talent by watching the video How to get started with Dynamics 365 for Talent.
Dynamics 365 for Talent is closely related to Human resources in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. The same functionality may appear in both products. As a result, in topics that are primarily related Human resources, the product name will be Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations; in topics that are primarily related to Talent, the product name will be Dynamics 365 for Talent. Topics that are written for one product may apply to the same functionality in a related product.
Develop a strategy for managing your human resources
As you work with Talent, you'll decide how to structure your organization, using elements, such as departments, jobs, and positions. These are among the foundational elements that you'll configure. Individual employees are assigned to positions which are associated with jobs.
- Organize your workforce using departments, jobs, and positions
- Set up company-specific HR parameters
- Set up HR parameters across legal entities
- Personnel actions FAQ
- Leave and absence overview
- How to use Dynamics 365 for Talent: Leave and Absence (video)
- How to manage personnel in Dynamics 365 for Talent (video)
Staffing your organization
Dynamics 365 for Talent includes the Attract app, which can help you identify, interview, and hire candidates that hold the skills your organization needs. As you move from recruiting through hiring, the Onboard app can help you bring your new employee into your organization by setting accurate expectations, providing information they need to get started, connecting them with colleagues, and set them up for success in their new role.
Retain and motivate employees
You can set up plans to effectively and equitably manage compensation, as well as manage items, such as computers or phones, that your organization lends to its employees. You can create fixed and variable compensation plans, as well as define rules that apply the compensation plan to meet the criteria for that plan.
- Compensation plans
- Process compensation
- Create fixed compensation plans
- Create variable compensation plans
- How to manage compensation in Dynamics 365 for Talent (video)
Develop and train employees
To help your employees reach their career objectives while delivering critical business needs you can set up goals, create performance reviews and track feedback. To help employees develop needed skills, you can also set up instructors, course types, courses, course descriptions, agendas, tracks, and sessions before you assign an instructor to a course, or register someone for a course. Instructors must already exist as workers, applicants, or contacts.
- Performance management
- Align workforce skills and business needs
- Administer training through courses
- How to manage employee development in Dynamics 365 for Talent (video)
Create and maintain benefits
In addition to compensating your staff with wages, salaries, and bonuses, you can develop benefit programs such as health insurance and retirement plans. You can also manage benefits such as loan programs, in which your company lends items, such as computers or phones, to its employees.
- Manage a benefit program
- Benefit eligibility policies
- Manage items lent to workers
- How to manage employee benefits in Dynamics 365 for Talent (video)
Maintain workplace safety and compliance
Talent can help you maintain a safe work environment that’s in compliance with applicable laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act and immigration and naturalization laws, among others. For example, you can manage the physical requirements for specific jobs, as well as track requests for accommodations that can help your organization optimize the skills of its workforce.
Gather information using questionnaires
You can design and administer questionnaires to gather information that’s used for a variety of purposes. The Questionnaire feature lets you design and create questionnaires. When a questionnaire is ready, you distribute it broadly or to a specific set of respondents to complete. After the respondents provide their answers, you can review and analyze the results.